Tuesday, August 05, 2008

What have I, what have I, what have I done to deserve this?

I got a brief lunch from the McDonald's drive thru today and underwent an experience I have almost every time I *go* through this particular drive thru.

Them: Here's your meal (hands over bag) and your tea
Me: Thanks. Hey, can I have some ketchup too?
Them: What?
Me: Ketchup
Them: Oh, sure

Sometimes we repeat that last step a few times--Ketchup. What? Ketchup. What?
What's my problem, you ask?

It's this:
Fast food server, you've just handed me my food--heck you've probably done this 200 times by this point today and

NOTHING RHYMES WITH KETCHUP!!

You're hanging your *head* out the drive thru window of a fast food restaurant, you've just handed me a bag containing french fries, and nothing. rhymes. with. ketchup.

What do you think I just asked for? Could it really be anything other than ketchup? Could you wait 5 seconds for your ears to get the word ketchup to your brain before you say what**? Does it have to be like this every time?


Srsly.
Just hand over the ketchup



(What?)




**

No comments: