Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Stop now if you don't want to read about bras.

Well, I figured it was only fair to warn. Underwear is one of my favorite subjects and pastimes, so, really it's no surprise, but...

A couple weeks ago I went to the Renaissance Faire with a girlfriend of mine. Before the event, she and I went looking for something fun to wear whilst hassling the knights and hurling tomatoes at the Vegetable Justice guy.

We went to several places (Torrid, Charlotte Russe, Hot Topic), but finally ended up finding something for her at Frederick's of Hollywood. Not something icky either! It was super cute--a corset, yes, but really cute.

Which bring me to the point of my post. I always thought F of H was a place one would go to get slinky--peut etre even trashy--lingerie (not that there's anything wrong with that), but while I was there I ended up buying some actual, wearable underthings.

Ladies! They actually have attractive/sexy, functional bras that feel good! I had no idea! Why didn't anyone ever tell me this? They've ones that fit (even) me, and what's more, in the size that fits me, all the stuff I want conatained stays contained! And they're cute too--good patterns and styles. Even polka dots!

Much better (albeit harder to get to) than that other underwear store at which I have the white VIP credit card. You know, the one they send you to replace the pink one? After you've spent 6 million dollars.

Anyway. Frederick's of Hollywood. Go. And take me with you.

No comments: