Saturday, August 09, 2008

Went to a "dry" wedding tonight...

I guess it was for religious practice reasons? Really, they should put that right on the invite, so we Irish Catholics know to bring our flasks. Mine fits nicely in my evening bag for occasions such as this.

Yeah. See the thing is, we should all be able to have a good time without consuming alcohol, it's true. But really, in reality, the execution is much different. I don't need to drink to whoop it up, but I think it's fair to say that most people could use a glass of chablis to get themselves out on the dance floor.

It's a shame for the family, cause it was a beautiful service and reception. And it's wrong to complain, I mean, it's like complaining about someone's yarmulke! It's the home of religious freedom here, don't complain, but still... I think I left to get a drink with my parents' around 815?*

One nice thing, though, was that all the couples got up after the "first dance" to dance themselves....leaving a clear view of everybody there who wasn't part of a couple. Uh huh. ;)

*bartender was cute though, so I got that going for me. Which is nice.

No comments: