Saturday, August 16, 2008

Torturing the Intern: The Final Chapter

Yes, not sure what the validation group will do now that their intern is gone. My money is on "turn on each other like a pack of starving coyotes", but we'll see. One thing that has happened during the intern's tenure--although I don't think because of it--is that I seem to now be an honorary member of said group.

How do I know? The sweet and gentle souls that I had in my car the other day basically said that now that I'm participating in the abuse that's dished out, that the gloves are off. That and the fact that one of them shoulder-checked me at the whiteboard yesterday morning. *Sniff*--I haven't lost my self-respect, I've just gained 8 brothers. It makes me all teary and stuff.

So, the final act of abuse for the intern was a can of silly string. It was fantastic--he looked like he was wearing a ramen noodle hat! The pics I have don't really do it justice--I'll see if I can better ones than mine. Course, I at one point handed my can over so the poor thing could defend himself against wb, only to end up with little globs of silly string totally interwoven into my curly hair.

And yep, Mr. McHenry County Zoo, drybrushing was a much better choice than trying to wash it out. You were right. This time.

No comments: