Sunday, July 20, 2008

You know you've seen too many horror movies when...

I'm alone in the house right now. I've been boxing things up and moving stuff down to the dining room, coiling cords, dusting, reading a few pages from a scary book I just got, here and there in between. It's quiet in the house, no TV or radio on.

So, just now, I had my head under the bed as I was pulling some stuff out from under it and heard a faint, sort of musical tone--kind of like a music box. I quickly determined that it wasn't my cellphone (as my current ringtone is crickets) and a super-creepy sense of there's-someone-in-my-house dread totally washed over me. Eeek! Goosebumps and everything.

Then, as I realized the tune was a little familiar, it's summer, and I live in the suburbs, I looked out my bedroom window. Yep, it was the ice cream truck.

But, as the post title says, how do you know you've seen too many horror movies?

When you're home alone, and you hear faint, tinny, unplaceably creepy music, and you look out the bedroom window into the encroaching twilight to see that the music is coming from the ice cream truck that is heading up the hill toward your house, and you feel MORE scared instead of LESS??

THAT, my friend, is when you know you've seen too many scary movies.

No comments: