Sunday, July 20, 2008

SOTD 7/20/08: Sweet City Woman, The Stampeders

OH this is one of my favorite songs of all time!! I'm so glad my subconscious dredged it up!

I love banjo music (shut up) and this particular song reminds me of a singular incident in college that was particularly enjoyable. I was driving down Normal Rd past the library thoroughly enjoying Sweet City Woman and I nearly ran over a boy I had a HUGE crush on, who was crossing the street. He stopped to pretend-scold me and I was nearly suffocated by the Davidoff Cool Water. Sighhhhh :)

He was my lab partner. Black leather jacket, short hair, Travis...something...

Anyway--The Stampeders

The best verse?
Like a country mornin', all snuggled in dew
Ah she's got a way to make a man feel shiny and new
And she sing in the evenin', oh familiar tunes
And she feeds me love and tenderness and macaroons


Ain't nobody don't like macaroons...

No comments: