Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A day like all days, that alters and illuminates the events of our times

Well, that's what my dad says about days like today, anyway. Course, he also says a phrase in some foreign language (whose name I would need to clarify) that means: "You have been weighed in the balance and found to be lacking." I used to describe some of my old boyfriends with that phrase...

Speaking of old boyfriends ;) I found out that one of my old boyfriends is getting married next fall. I'm happy for him! His dad is 6 foot 11 and is the subject of one of my favorite stories***

I had a very fun day at work today :) It was skirt day! A few weekends ago, I went shopping with a new and good girlfriend of mine. We bought ourselves disgustingly matchy-matchy $5 plaid skirts from Eddie Bauer (hers blue, mine pink and tan).

We mostly bought them because they were originally $89 (which makes me want to shop at the full priced Eddie Bauer store on the 5th of never). I mean, really, it's just linen. Yes, they're cut on the bias, which is very cool, but still...linen. However, given that we got an $85 deal, we couldn't pass them up. Reason 2 is we felt the need to prove that my girlfriend really does have legs.

And now, after wearing a delightfully cut linen skirt, she also knows why I always sway like a bell when I've got a long skirt on. You can't resist it...I dare you to try. Girls *or* boys.

Anyway, it was a day that gave me multiple opportunities to harrass my friends to death, which as we all know is one of my favorite things. Does it help that I only really hassle the people I truly like? I mean, not that it's going to stop me, but...

Discussed the finer fashion differences between a wrinkle and a crease in a pair of dark blue jeans, ate good lunch at the Chinese restaurant (with more harrassment--and would have gotten to take the Boy Intern shoe shopping, if our pain-in-the-*ss ride hadn't come back to actually let us in the car**), had a busy afternoon (including arguments about work stuff--we all know how I feel about expressing my opinion), talked to a good friend on my way to the softball field, saw some of my chicks @ the game, talked to another good friend on the way home.

Ate milk and cookies for dinner and am now doing my starfish impersonation.

Such a nice day. It doesn't make for very entertaining blog material, but it's not all the time that you have a day that leaves you still smiling when you crawl into bed at night. Today was a day like that for me :)



**So yeah, our ride drove off into the sunset without us (yes, I can take a good dose of the crap I dish out, I figure it's only fair ;) and I suggested to the Boy Intern that we go shoe shopping @ Marshalls. He asked why. Um, it's shoe shopping? Boy Intern, reeeeaaaally...I'm offering you a change to hone your dude skills for your return to the harem that is the American University. Here, listen...girl likes shoes, girl likes shopping for shoes, girl's affection for boy grows if boy spends time with her doing things she likes sometimes-particularly if boy looks at her admiringly, girl's growing affection for boy leads to making out.

Ergo...
Shoe shopping with girl = increased chance for making out. See? Not so crazy after all, huh? Yeah no, didn't think so ;)



***jm's dad was a police officer and jm told me a story about one time he pulled over a semi-truck. Apparently the driver wasn't watching when Officer M walked up to the truck, but when the guy turned his head, Officer M's head was right there in his window (seeing as how he's 6 foot 11 and all).

The driver told Officer M to get the f*ck off his truck. Officer M said I'm not on your truck, please give me your license and insurance. The driver again told the officer to get off his f*cking truck, to which Officer M responded the same.

The driver started to get a lil irate, so Officer M said okay. He raised his hands and walked 3 steps backwards. The driver quickly realized that he had been pulled over by a guy who was nearly 7 feet tall. OH!

He handed over his license and insurance. Quietly. :)

No comments: