Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Food Poisoning Christmas

Yep, you read it right. And the CDC says there's no such thing as a 24 hour flu bug, so it really does seem that DB, BIL Nick, and I got an extra present this year!

Stop reading here if you're emetophobic...

We don't really know what caused it--could be the hummus or the spinach dip--but DB started feeling poorly in the afternoon of Xmas day. He said he just felt badly. He hit the sack at 8pm that night and felt fine by the time he left for work in the morning.

I didn't have to work on 12/26 (which is my half-birthday, btw), which I am so thankful for. I started feeling I-don't-think-I'm-going-to-throw-up-but-I'm-also-not-sure-I'm-NOT-going-to-throw-up-either around 9am on the day after Xmas. I thought maybe it was the beginnings of a migraine, but though Excedrin helped the headache, it didn't really do anything for the reversal of fortune feelings.

I spent the day at my parents' house and Nick came by to pick stuff up. He said he had had about a half-hour of maybe-I-will-maybe-I-won't on Xmas night, but that after that, he felt fine.

What's weird is that my sister and my parents weren't sick. My parents weren't with us on Xmas eve, but my sissy was, so explain that..

I, on the other hand, didn't feel better by dinner-time, so DB and I went home to our home. Over the course of the evening, I determined that I had won the blue ribbon for this year's poisoning competition. In addition to what I'm sure you can already guess, I had a 101F fever and a pain in my side and I didn't sleep last night. I feel better now, though.

For example, I am almost 100% sure I'm not going to throw up anymore.

Did I mention I'm at work today?

No comments: