Friday, December 08, 2006

Clorox bleach pen--good.

So, several Xmases ago, my Uncle Tom spilled red wine on my arm at one of our holiday dinners (not on purpose, I think). It was my right arm. I couldn't ever get the stain out, but liked the shirt, so I just stuffed it in my closet.

Then I moved and brought the shirt with me.

Recently, for no reason other than it was hanging in the checkout lane while I was waiting (sucker), I bought a Clorox bleach pen. It sat at home for some time, not being used, until one day I dug the white shirt--oh, yeah, did I mention it was a new, white shirt?--out of my closet.

Since I was doing some cleaning out, it was either fix the shirt, dye it, or throw it out. I didn't have any dye at home, but I did have this bleach pen. Sure--putting bleach directly on fabric is usually a recipe for holes later down the line, but since I hadn't worn it in a few years and, as I said above, one of the other options was the garbage, I tried it.

I scribbled on each of the now-brown red wine stain that covered the arm of my shirt, left it alone for a while and then washed it with some other clothes that were bleach-safe.

Lo and behold--I am now again wearing my white long-sleeved shirt! Thanks Clorox Bleach Pen!

Did I also mention that it subsequently took bird poop off the front of a white tank top I have?

Well, it subsequently took bird poop off the front of a white tank top I have. So there you go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How bout that...you really do write about whatever pops into your head.

Red Wine and Bird Poop

Anonymous said...

im sorry you were pooped on, thats really crappy