Monday, September 25, 2006

VPL and I don't mean the Vancouver Public Library.

So, if you're a regular old, non-transvestite guy, you may want to skip this post. It likely will mean nothing to you. Maybe you would like to visit http://www.uniwatchblog.com/**, or http://espn.go.com/ instead. Or even http://mensfashion.about.com/, if you're just a regular vestite (not the trans- kind).

So, on to the topic. I'm really not terribly concerned about VPL. If your thoughts are so consumed about the fact that you can see that I am--in fact--wearing underwear, then maybe you could use a hobby. Because most people do--in fact--wear underwear!

I KNOW! I could hardly believe it either. Boy, those E! shows and US magazine really have us fooled. I mean seriously, who wants to be embarrassed by having a total stranger look at the rear side of your gray sweatpants at 1030 pm at Meijer while you're buying formula or maybe eggs and think, "ewww, she's wearing underwear".

Doesn't every woman put on a thong when she's running out in her Kohl's-on-sale reversible jogging pants and Adidas flip-flops from college? You never know who might be in La Azteca when you run out for a gallon of milk and a can of frijoles negros!

Speaking of thongs, I hate them. I know, lots of girls I know think they're great, but they're not. These women are lying to make themselves feel better. I've tried all sizes and styles and fabrics. They're fine when you're standing still, but you let me know how things are after picking up something you've dropped on the floor. See, told you so.

I do, however, own 3 pairs of pants and 1 dress that objectively do benefit from a lack of VPL. It's just the way they're designed--the VPL is really noticeable. But I have found a solution to the problem, it seems!

Boy-cut drawers! Yes, even if you're not a skinny, straight-hipped wonder. They're not much to look at when they're on, but they serve the purpose and they're comfortable. Hanes makes a microfiber boy-cut that doesn't suck!

There, there's my Public Service Announcement for today.



**This site has apparently hypnotized certain men I know

No comments: