Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Oh Ca-NA-DI-a, our home and native land!

Why is it that it's Canada, but people from there are Canadians? Why aren't they Canadans? Or, conversely, why isn't our Great White neighbor's name Canadia?

(Which would make singing their national anthem even more enjoyable, really. Oh Ca-NA-DI-a, our home and native land...)

Sometimes I think it would have been nice to have been born a Canadan. They have so much open space up there. More room for people and animals...lakes and rivers...cabins...........parking lots...strip malls...sea-of-rooves housing developments...you know, all the stuff that makes life good. Uh huh.

I think the next time someone asks me what nationality I am, I'm going to sayAmerician.

1 comment:

SARA said...

Is it.....Canna-Dans? And why do they speak Span-ish and not Spain-ish in Spain?
too funny