Thursday, September 28, 2006

How do I hate thee, Motorola Razr, let me count the ways...

1) The first one I bought (in 12/2005) kept accessing the internet all by itself, every 1/2 hr, all day and all night. 33 page phone bills. So I complained and they replaced it.

2) The second one sounded like it had sand in the flip and had a huge dark spot on the screen. I complained and they replaced it

3) The third, and current, one accesses the internet all day and all night. In addition to that special feature, it also turns itself off randomly. When I go to turn it back on, it gives me an error message that requires me to disassemble/reassemble the battery and SIM card just to get it to work. This really great when I'm in a hurry or when my nails are painted.

So today I called Cingular to complain again and talked to Ashley about my woes. She said that since I've had so many problems, they will replace my phone with a different kind. She said she'd be right back.

Suddenly a very rude guy comes on the line and starts in on all the troubleshooting crap I went thru in July/August when I first called. I gently interrupted to explain my problem (so as not to waste our time) and he just behaved in a very ass-like manner. Skip, skip, skip, I asked him what standard procedure was in a situation like mine and he said they would send whatever they had in stock.

Uh, so I carefully and happily picked out my Razr in December and now I'm supposed to be satisfied with whatever piece of sh*t phone you feel like sending me? I've generally been happy with Cingular's service, so I was really surprised to encounter this guy.

I asked if I can figure out what I want phone I might like and call them back, which was fine with assboy.

So now I've got to figure that out. Grrrrrrrrr.

No comments: