Monday, July 24, 2006

I *did* have a nice weekend, thank for asking!

So Friday night I went to the now-traditional, once-a-month scrapbooking and ice cream fiesta. Now, I'm not a real scrapbooker. I have a bunch of craft widgets that I've collected over the years (I like to call it my scrap crap), but I've been working on the same scrapbook for about a year now.

Now, there are some unwritten rules regarding scrapbooking. These rules are really only enforced when certain person or persons are present during said scrapbooking and even then, only when he/she is looking. We call this person the Scrapbook Police. I've been witness to said policing, and the SP is really serious about the rules.

Rules like:
1) Don't get too complicated with any one page. Remember, we have 23456585 other scrapbooks to complete before we die.
2) You must use ACME scrapbook company supplies. If you use something on sale from meijer, your scrapbook will be ruined. Ruined! RuInEd!!!!

(sorry, got a little carried away there)

3) Make sure you use enough stickers with little character faces on them. Lots of little faces.

and

4) Straight lines suck. Only use curved lines. Round corners good, straight corners bad.

We rogue scrapbookers, however, thumb our colllective noses at the rules. We even tore our dresses and got short, black, spiky hairdos.

...we are young...straightedge to straightedge we stand...no promises, no demands...scrapbooking's a battlefield...

No comments: