Friday, February 24, 2006

I neglected to mention...

...the poor pronoun possessives! (Her, his, them, it, et cetera).

Pronoun possessives don't have apostrophes. I know what you're thinking--but this is a day of apostrophes!!! But this is so important! For instance, no one at Healthcare Company Y knows how to do it.

It's even worse than things were at Healthcare Company X!!

Anyway, back to the pronouns........

If you're talking about items that belong to Susan, Larry, and their dog, this would be hers, his and its. Voila, pas d'apostrophes!

A good pneumonic device you say? An easy reference, as it were? Okay, so you don't use an apostrophe for the possessive his, right? (never seen the word hi's have you? please don't tell me if you have--I don't think my heart could take it :),

So, then, no apostrophes with hers or its either.


I hope someone from Healthcare Company Y is listening...please?...anyone?...

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Well, maybe if he walked a straighter line, he wouldn't have such problems, now, hmmm? Jailbirdy?

;)

(Damn those identity theives)