Friday, February 24, 2006

The background troika

I started work on 1/23 and we sent off the application on 1/31. On 2/1, the director of the program called me (boy those people are on the ball!). I expressed some of my anxiety about a child growing up happy, even though they know nothing of their original family.

Carma said that she has counseled many adoptive families over the years, and said that there’s going to be a time in our child’s life, as a teenager, when she tells me that she doesn’t have to do as I say because I’m not even her real mother. Carma said that I’d just have to tell her that I was the mother she got and we’d both just have to learn to live with it.

That did make me feel better. :)

On 2/3, we got the package with all the formage in it: medical forms, fingerprint forms, well water test forms, financial forms, corporal punishment forms, DCFS forms, and on and on and on!

And so the paperchase begins!

No comments: