Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Yep, as of yesterday, I'm officially 1/3 of a century...

I had a very nice birthday :). Got taken out to lunch with some of my engineer friends...teased them mercilessly...got to spend some time with my original set of coworkers and give them a hard time too, which was nice.

Passed out party-favor squirt guns and other toys, watched squirt-gun warfare erupt all over the building. I told S.E. to choose a gun over the toy he did pick. As I watched him get waxed by one of his own coworkers, I thought, "He can't say I didn't warn him."

Well, he can.

But it won't do him any good.

Got a bunch of e-cards, 4 out of 5 of which, curiously, starred the same 2 brightly colored cartoon characters. 1 out of those 4 also starred a mountain goat, you know, so that's cool. Got some happy birthdays from HCX, Pennsylvania, and from some of the Canadian contingent.

Meg and BIL Nick closed on their new house, I stopped by my mom and dad's for a b-day squeeze, went to dinner @ the Village Squire, and then got eaten alive by mosquitos at Dave's softball game. The mosquitos were bearable only because S.D. of Johnsburg said I was all cute in my red skirt*.

(And insert Dave rolling eyes....-->here<---)


*Free compliments! Starting at 830 sharp every Tuesday at Knox Park in McHenry!
That's a wrap.

No comments: