Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.

I'm on hold. With the bank. I've been on hold for...wait..let me look...12 minutes and 53 seconds.

They did something crazy to the online banking sign-on and, since I sort of refuse to completely change my name, I'm having a hard time getting the online new password generator to work.

But, since I've been on hold for...13 mins and 13 secs, it doesn't seem like I'm the only with trouble.

So, in the meantime, here's what I've been up to lately:

The Audit: The audit is over here at HCY (at least for now). The FDA will be back at some point this summer/fall, and then the Germans will be here late in the fall (Das Au-dit). And the 3rd party will be back in January. So--it's pretty much audit season thru next year.

Which I am totally fine with. Honestly. I like it when we're really busy, like during the first couple weeks of this audit. I'd rather be busy, right?

Plus, I met a new Canadian to add to my collection of Canadian friends, I got to talk to a guy at work more than I have previously about tractors and cars and beer and such (I'm hoping he and his wife want to hang out, I'll keep you posted), and I learned that my boss' boss' boss takes his shoes off at his desk just like me. Which is almost as good as a permission slip, I think.

So I've got that going for me*.

Then there are days like yesterday and today. The audit's been pretty quiet and I have learned the following things:
--That my itunes being broken wasn't a conspiracy against me after all (thanks C.R.!).
--That C.R., and A.H. of Chicago, also have Chaka Khan on their playlists. Oh, how the embarrassing truth it does come out when you let people fool around in your music collection.
--That, even with several well-aimed shots at your co-worker's mouth, a McDonald's elephant squirt gun is just not a precision instrument. Laughing does not help.
--That "Junk in a Box"? It's hilarious. Especially when your a coworker walks in and asks if anyone has seen D.B.'s box. And you've been trapped in a windowless room with these people for 3 weeks. And you've been eating sugar all day. Mmmm, sugar.
--That if you're sitting across from one male and one female who work at HCY and ask "Printer Girl" to hand you the stuff off the printer, C.H will respond. He almost got away with making it look like he had been stretching. Oh, but not quite.

Yes, it's all over for poor PG, he will never live it down. We even made him a nametag with his new name. I'd post a picture, but I wouldn't want his wife to see what he does at "work" all day.

All in all, it's been a good month.

And it's only 7 days until my birthday.


*Which is nice

1 comment:

Milan Davidović said...

Happy Birthday, Meredith!