Friday, June 08, 2007

Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean 3

PotC3. First person to tell me what it's rated gets 3 bonus points (email or comment)!


Cute Persons to look at (0-5): 4. Hmmm. It's hard to say. I give it a high score, because ever since seeing Eric I-can't-remember-his-last-name-but-I-weirdly-ran-across-a-picture-of-him-in-Laura-H's-photo-album-which-by-the-way-contains-more-male-shirt-off-pictures-than-the-International-Male-catalog* in my high-school's production of Pirates of Penzance, I've had a pirate thing. So, I like Johnny Depp.

Course, there's also Orlando Bloom. He's not my style, but he *is* the style of many, many girls I know.

For the boys, there's Keira Knightley. If I dug chicks, I'd dig her. So...

A Satisfying Ending (0-5): 5. Pretty good :) Leaves room for a PotC4, although I'm not sure where they'd go with it. "Good" guys win, "bad" guys lose. My favorite :)

Action/ adventureness (0-5): 5. FABULOUS! So good! Lots of swashbuckling and such. It had a good beat, I could dance to it, I give it a 10. (Well, you know, a five).

Love storyness (0-5): 3. The sameo-sameo. Orlando plus Keira with a dash of Johnny. Less good than PotC1 or 2, though...see below.

Good Scaryness (0-5): 0.5. No scaryness, but some ickyness.

Kissing (0-5): 2. Some kissing. None involving Johnny, though, so not as good as PotC2. ;)

Cinematography/Special Effects (1-5): 5. Also FABULOUS! Really, reallly, good and, although you know it's CGI, otherwise believeable. So good. The "finding their way back" scene was awesome!!! And the crabs!


Extra Credit (Max. 10 points): 10. 5 for the celebrity guest appearance and 5 more for the special effects (soo good).

Total: 34.5/35.

*http://www.internationalmale.com/dept.asp?dept%5Fname=Swimwear&dept%5Fid=10390

No comments: