Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tuesday October 31, 2006: A day of frustration.

I am being driven crazy by the General People I work with. I keep having the same conversation over and over with different groups of people I work with, including my boss' boss.

Them: "Well, just bring your laptop and we can work on it while we're in there." (or varying other permutations of this same statement)

Me: "My PC is a desktop--I'd bring it, but I think it might be kind of heavy! ;)" (With the kidding mostly to defuse my growing frustration at having this same convo overandover)

Them: What!?!?! Really?? You're kidding!

So, since my desktop is heading slowly for the great computer lab in the sky, I brought up its eventual replacement with my boss. She said that when I started this job, she had requested a laptop for me, but they ended up just bringing my old PC along from my old area. She also said that when the time comes, to request a laptop.

So, today I talked to our admin to find out what to do when that time comes, and she said that she believes that people of my level can't get laptops--only managers and above.

Sighhhh. So they should post this somewhere so people stop acting shocked when I don't bring my laptop to a meeting. It's starting to get on my nerves (and honestly it's making me feel a little weird).

No comments: