Friday, October 13, 2006

NewPhone is desparately trying to curry my favor...

I've discovered 2 features about NewPhone that I think are really cool (one I can vouch for, one I haven't tried yet).

Cool feature1:
It has a D-Day counter. You put in the event and date, and NewPhone counts down (and displays on-screen, if you like) the number of days "until". 18 days til Halloween!

It's a little weird/creepy that they actually call it a "D" day counter, but...

Cool feature 2:
MusicID. You're listening to the radio or a commercial or a band in the park. You hear a song/piece of music you like, but can't identify it. You can record a snippet of it with your phone and send it to MusicID via your phone, and MusicID will identify it and text you back the name.

That is the coolest thing ever! If it works as well as it seems (and if it doens't cost an arm and a leg), it might be even cooler than the internet itself!!


You might be trying to get on my good side, NewPhone, but one of these features is having the best. week. ever.

No comments: