Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm going to marry Radio Shack and eBay too.

Radio Shack and I really should have gotten married long ago. I even still have my first tiny AM/FM/tape player that I got for Xmas (it's in my linen closet).

It's not that RS is the first place I stop--it's really expensive--but, if you can't find it at RS, it doesn't exist. If the video-game-playing technowizards they've got working there can't dig it up out of their collection of obscure catalogs (or fish it out of their online morass of electronic widgets), it simply hasn't been invented yet.

(Just don't look directly at them, ladies, they get flustered).

My most recent purchase there was a car cell phone charger that doesn't require one to buy an entirely new charger when one gets a new phone (fortuitously, in my case). You just get a new nubbin adapter. And where else have I seen this cool gadget? Uh, nowhere?

Speaking of the specter of accessory-buying that I may have to do if I wish to use all the features of my red-headed stepchild phone, I will never again buy an electronic accessory from a real store (except, of course, RS if I can't find it anywhere else).

I am an Ebay cell phone accessory convert. The "holster" I bought for OldPhone? $16, because they said that no one else sold one for that phone (at the time. liars, I'm sure). An OldPhone extra home charger at the Cingular store (which I refused to buy)? $29.

A rapid car charger, rapid home charger, and case on eBay? Buy It Now for $2.46


I have learned the error of my ways.

No comments: