Friday, October 13, 2006

York Theatre (Elmhurst, IL), Theatre Visit #2

Dave and I visited the York on Sat 9/30/06. We were supposed to be attending the Toby Keith concert (Dave's company does work for TK), but there was a ticket snafu. Since we had already checked into the hotel, we looked around to find something else to do in beautiful downtown Elmhurst...

The York Theatre is beautiful and a lot bigger than I expected. I guess being used to the Woodstock, I expected it to be smaller. The screen where we saw our movie (see the Jack*ss 2 review) is the second picture down on the left in the link below (the pic with the organ). It was huge!**

http://www.classiccinemas.com/history/york.asp

The theatre is on a street that has a bunch of little old shops and streetlights, so, again, the ambience is old-timey and nice :)


It's funny--the whole place smelled like both popcorn and my paternal Grandma's house (which did not smell like popcorn). It was so nice and comforting, even though I don't know exactly what it was that made it smell like Grandma's.

(As opposed to my maternal Grandma's house, which smelled like roast beast. Mmmmm.)

Which one will we visit next? Will it be St. Charles, Carpentersville, Elk Grove Village, Fox Lake, Oak Park, Freeport, Kankakee, Naperville, or Downers Grove?

Only I know. Moohoo-hahahah!




**I may have forgotten to mention in my Jack*ss 2 review, the guy who barfed on the floor--twice--during the showing. Maybe he was drunk, maybe he had a weak stomach? The part of the film during which he hurled really wasn't gross (offensive, maybe, but not gross), so maybe it was the demon rum? Who knows... I'm just glad that the room was big enough for him not to be right next to us. Yuck.

No comments: