Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What is it with people?

So, my job is, currently, tracking down resolution to audit findings (see below). I usually start with email, then voice mail, then return receipted email, sometimes even Post-Its left on their computer screen.

I know they're seeing my missives, they're just ignoring them. It's like ignoring the IRS! These people should know better. These people make a lot more money than I do. They have offices with doors. *sigh...doors... Sometimes you have to trade some things for others. Your boss's boss knowing your name for adoption assistance. Doors for trouble-free health insurance. Life's all about decisions.

So, I eventually schedule a meeting via email for us to sit together, which is usually accepted, because their assistants run their calendars and the admins don't ignore stuff.

Invariably, the meeting starts, I ask my questions, they give me the answers, and the whole thing is done in 10 minutes. Then the object of my work affection says, "Boy, we really didn't have to meet to do that, it didn't take very long!"

You're g-d right we didn't have to meet, you jerk! You've been ignoring me for 2 weeks! We coould have done this over the phone! It's not like I'm going to go away, it's my job to track you down and force you to give me an answer. Arrrrghhhhhhh!

Jeez.


Audit Findings--> Basically, the FDA or another auditing body comes in and pokes around our stuff. When they find something they don't like, they write down an audit observation (or finding). We then have to fix that and provide proof of the fixing. The observations I'm working on are from 2004 and 2005 audits by a particular auditing body. This body is coming back this fall and is going to be right pissed off to find that stuff from 2 years ago isn't done.

But, it's not going to be my tail in the audit chair answering "why". That honor is reserved for the non-phone-answerers. And I tell them this in every email, voice mail, and meeting. I just don't think they're listening...

No comments: