Monday, August 21, 2006

I love stuff like this!!!

I think it might be because I really wanted to be an archaeologist when I grew up. However, the pay and the fact that one had to leave McHenry County to do it, kind of turned me off. But I still love finding things in unexpected places!

I think that's why I'm lovin' www.bookcrossing.com! Basically, you have a book you no longer want. You go to BC and get your book a Book Crossing ID number (BCID), which you record in the book, along with the BC website. Then, you set your book free into the wild!

Leave it at a coffee shop, or on a park bench, or on the shelf at Jewel, or at the train station. Where ever you like. The next person to find your book can look it up and see where it's been.

It's sounds so fun--and since we've got a high excess of book at my house, I can't wait to try!

There's also www.wheresgeorge.com, which is the same thing, only with dollar bills.

No comments: