Thursday, April 06, 2006

So, my new car needs a name

My old car, a green Isuzu Rodeo, got named right away. Her name was Dolly and it just seemed to suit her. My new car, a red Toyota 4Runner, has no name :(

I don't know why I haven't named her...sniff...maybe I still like to think about the old times? I just...sniff...think naming her would help me get over my relationship with my old car (I mean, really...sniff...it's time. I need to move on.).

So--I'm pretty sure the 4Runner is a girl.

She's a little bit more of a sissy than the old car, but she can still climb the curbs at Sam's club when I don't feel like driving all the way around like you're legally supposed to even though it's not really my problem that they designed the parking lot that way and it doesn't really hurt anyone except the guys driving the minivans picking up fruit snacks and a 52 ounce bottle of conditioner who do look kind of jealous but, really, when have I been known to follow the rules anyway?

Plus--she's got skid plates and an actual 4WD shifter, not buttons. That counts for something, doesn't it?

So--does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: