Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Monday was the home visit with the CW

Yep, our last official meeting with the CW. Now we have to finish up some paperwork and send it off to her, get our home study and foster licenses done, apply for the I171H, get our dossier together/notarized by the U.S./authenticated by the Chinese Consulate in Chicago, and send it off. Hopefully by June.

And get our passports, of course.

The home visit went fine--it was pretty uneventful. I took them on a tour, they looked to see if we had smoke detectors, and looked at what would be the baby's room. That's about it! I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition (because, of course, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition*), but I was expecting a little more looking around or questions or something.

We did see a video of when the CW got her daughter from China and they were all so cute!


*man I love me some Monty Python

No comments: