Thursday, April 06, 2006

Car stereo for sale

So, I loved my old car. (More than I love my new car, shhh). And I've been carrying around the Radio/Cassette/CD changer combo that I pulled out of my wonderful old Dolly since I bought my new car almost 1.5 years ago, which hasn't told me its name yet.

It may be said that I'm carrying a torch for my old car, by not parting with the collection of buttons that accompanied the adventures of my salad days, and that would probably be true. But--it is time to send the ole' music maker on to a new place. After all, it's not making music riding around in the back of what's-her-name.

So, sadly for sale is my old radio. The radio that played lunchtime music for my lab friends, country music for the mud-covered at Country Thunder, and swing dance music for me.

It comes in 2 pieces and they're both Kenwood:
1) an in-dash radio/cassette/CD controller with a wireless remote (yep, a wireless remote...in the car...how else would you turn it up while you're outside dancing?) *...or making out

and

2) a 6-CD changer (that I had in the cargo area of my Rodeo). It may fit under your seat, but then I don't know all that much about your seat.

It's fabulous and I much prefer it to the radio that's in my new car (the old radio has brass ovaries, the new radio wears lavender perfume). But--Sissy Radio is a 6-CD in dash changer and it would just be stupid to rip it out for nostalgia's sake.

Plus, my hearing is probably thanking me a little for getting Sissy Radio.

So, instead of sniffling over Tough Radio, I'm willing to give her a new life. It cost $700-800 to get T.R. installed in 1997, so I'm not sure what I'd want for it yet (must ask Dave). She's in perfect shape and I've got the cord that connected the radio to the changer too.

So, if you think you might be, or know, a taker, let me know. I've also got more than a passing familiarity with the Post Office, so she can be shipped.

No comments: