Friday, March 24, 2006

I take it back. The I600A goes out today!

So, I was foiled by the post office on Wednesday when I tried to mail the I600A. And then I was foiled by my desire to sit on my couch yesterday.

The first attempt to mail it came on Wednesday. The Woodstock P.O. is open until 7pm! Yay! I went in to get my $685 money order, only to find that you can only use cash or a debit card. It was too late to go to the bank, and I don't know the PIN for my debit card. (I never use it as a debit card)

I found out later that it's just that my debit card has never been set up. So--I have to go do that this weekend. So, where the Wed mailing was concerned, curses, foiled again!

Then, yesterday I went to the bank to get a money order, since they can just take the $ right out and put it in the order (cause I still don't have a working debit card, dig?).

That worked just fine. Oh, and the teller drives a Honda Civic, only had one baby (a girl) with her ex-husband because she had toxemia and a c-section, but then it's all fine, since her current husband had 2 boys. [Apparently, if anyone needs a passive interrogator, you can call me? Seriously, I was only there, like, 8 minutes]

So, then I had to let the dog out before going to the Woodstock P.O (since it was now past 5 and then McHenry P.O. is only open until 530). I got home and got sucked into one of the endless reruns of CSI, so I went and mailed it this morning!

It's off, flying its way to the U.S. Immigration Services offices in Chicago :)

One more chunk down!

No comments: