Monday, March 13, 2006

Baby Shopping!

So this weekend Meg and Nick and I went baby shopping! Well, Dave is out of town, so I went baby pre-surveying and M/N went shopping. Everything is so cute!!!!

And--I found out the baby is a GIRL, just like I suspected!

So, since we both have a 95% chance of having a girl, it was fun to eyeball the baby girl bedding and stuff! (Like flowers and ladybugs, awww)

It is a little overwhelming--the sheer volume of things you could potentially buy is staggering. Really. Like, did you know you can buy an automatic travel bottle heater that doesn't need to be plugged in to work? Of course, to use it again (like, if you were at the zoo for the day) you have to immerse it in boiling water to reset it. Great, except..

If I have boiling water, I don't really need an automatic-non-plugged-in bottle heater!!!

Seriously. Millions of things. But, we did see a few neat things, like a stroller frame that you can stick the baby bucket in that doesn't take up all the space in your trunk when folded. And a Snugli baby-carrier that would be perfect for my sister's beagle-basset mix :)

It was so fun and so nice!

I also spent some time this weekend going thru and sorting the paperwork that the CW gave us on Tuesday. Paper, paper everywhere! This must be what Enron felt like right before the shredder part. Except, not illegal, you know.

First order of business--> get birth certificates and marriage licenses. It seems like nothing can happen before you've got those. (My very nice B.I.L. pulled the info off the all-knowing internet, so all I have to do is mail it. Yay! :)

No comments: