Saturday, July 21, 2007

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon

Otherwise known as:
The Offer I Got On The Way To Work On Wednesday

So, Wednesday morning, I was sitting in my car on my way in to work, at the stoplight right near HCY, you know, waiting to turn left. I was singing along to the radio--Billy Joel's Still Rock and Roll To Me. (I think I might have been on "How about a pair of pink sidewinders and a bright orange pair of pants?", ah, but it's hard to recall...)

I had the window open, but I did not have my foot up on the side mirror, as usual (that's how I roll). And, as C.A. of HCY inquired, I had remembered to get fully dressed before beginning my pilgrimage that morning.

My light turns green and I turn left. All of a sudden a ratty guy (around 65, maybe?) leans his whole upper body out the window of his ratty S10 and says, "Hey baby, hop in my car and I'll
fill in the blank*".

Put any offer you like there, but remember, it was very specific. For those of you who have seen Shark Attack 3: Megalodon, well, you already know ...

In the interest of public safety, I had to tell people at work all about it (of course)!

The HCY comments were as follows:
1) Ew.
2) Are you sure you put your shirt on before you left the house?
3) Can't catch any fish if you don't cast your net.
4) Oh my god, that's gross.
5) I wonder if that ever works?
6) Nice to see his libido is still in charge.
7) Hey, what's wrong with an S10?!?
8) Huh. I'm going to have to try that on the way home.
9) What is wrong with people? and
10) Did you get his number?


Signed--> "Not easily shocked, but this is one for the record..."



*It is at minute marker 1:11 that the most horrible line in the most horrible movie ever made occurs. It is even better if you and your sister are watching it with your parents, which, of course, we were.

Scarred for life.

No comments: