Friday, June 09, 2006

Weird benefits at Healthcare Company Y

Yes, I've noticed 3 weird benefits (so far) here at H.C. Y

1) Dry cleaning service: You drop off your clothes in the dry-cleaning closet, and 3 days later they show up again--clean. (With a bill, but still, it's cheap!). The bags you drop your stuff off in are purple, like the Knights of Columbus capes.

So--every time I walk past people's cubes, I'm like, "Whaaa? Knights of Columbus capes?"

2) Film drop off: Yes, not sooo unusual, but how many other people have a film drop off container in the cafeteria?

That's what I thought.

3) Free tampons: <-- (secret decoder mouse required). It's totally weird. When I first started in my temp job here, I saw a few of them sitting in the tampon vending machine and thought, "Huh--someone must have bought one and not needed it after all." But then I noticed that where one would generally put the coins, was a little metal disk that said FREE. In every machine I've seen so far--a disk that says FREE.

Corporate Meeting: "Ok, board of directors, we're going to offer health insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, supplemental life, and free tampons. I'd say that makes us competitive in our industry."

Weird. Nice, I suppose (those buggers can get expensive), but weird.

No comments: