Tuesday, March 20, 2007

So I said thank you?

What else do you say to that? Huh? I think the optometrist may have blushed a little :)

Yep, I got fitted for contacts yesterday....and no, I've not relaxed my stand on the corrective vision aids I'm not going to wear. I rarely relax my stand on anything! (Really. Ask Dave.)

I came across fun Halloween/costume party lenses on the internet recently and I thought I might as well get measured so that if I ever wanted them, I could have them at a moment's notice.

It wasn't so bad, but I would recommend asking if you can put them in yourself--even if you've never done it before. Funny thing how your eyes do exactly as they're designed to do when a stranger is trying to stick his finger in them. THEY CLOSE! Every time! Eventually, with lots of involuntary tears and voluntary kleenexes we got the test lenses in and they fit fine.

So, next he had me put in some colored lenses, b/c they'e more similar to the size of the novelty ones. I chose blue, since they're the most dissimilar to what I was born with.

You can't believably change brown eyes to any other color, but like I told Dave, if you met someone whose eyes were this blue/brown color naturally, you'd marry them immediately. The dark brown stayed brown and the lighter specks turned blue. It was really fascinating to look at.

Getting them out sucked. Apparently my tight lids make it really hard to get contacts out, so all day yesterday, I felt like someone had taken a toothbrush to the insides of my eyelids.*



*Or maybe that was just the whiskey from last weekend. It's hard to tell...

No comments: