Thursday, March 29, 2007

Part 2: The Makeup Chick

So I did promise to finish up my MT experience.

Apparently "new" customers of MT get a free makeup application when they get a facial. I didn't really care, but I guess some people are uncomfortable about going back out into the world sans makeup.

Not me. Course, I was pretty shiny at this point, so maybe it was for the best.

So the makeup chick, Mia, sits me down in her chair. She says she's been doing makeup for 4 years, but she looks about 22, so who knows?

Now, I'm occasionally a little bit sarcastic, so I was picking on her a little for the obsessive brush aligning she was performing before she began work on me, but I could tell that she didn't get that I was picking on her, so I just switched over to normal nice person behavior (yes, I'm capable--it's just not my default).

She then laughed and said, "You're cute." Which I thought was weird for a 22 year old makeup chick to say to a 32 year old female stranger, but hey, maybe she really thought I was cute*?

For the next few minutes, the conversation went as follows, and I finally burst out laughing.

Mia: What color eye make up do you usually wear?
Me: Well, usually cool brown or brownish-gray shadows and brown or charcoal liner.
Mia: Okay, hmm, how about gold eyeshadow.
Me: ...uh, okay?.....
Mia: And what do you usually wear on your lips?
Me: Oh reddish-brown or brownish-red. Not usually anything that would be in the fuschia family, though
Mia: Okay...let's see what we have [pulls out a bunch of lip glosses]. How about this color lip gloss? [Holds up a tube of bright freakin pink]
Me: [Bursts out laughing, in a somewhat If-you-walk-away-I-will-immediately-begin-making-fun-of-you sort of way]

She asked me why I was laughing and I finally told her that if she just wants to do what she wants to do, then don't ask what I want to do. For the most part, if you ask someone, "How about we try some gold eyeshadow", they'll probably say OK.

So, there's Mario Tricoci in a nutshell**. FWIW.

:)

*Now, if we were at Fabulous Janes show, I wouldn't be so surprised.

**No, this is MT in a nutshell: "Help, I'm in a bloody great nutshell!"

No comments: