Friday, March 30, 2007

I love technology, but not as much as you, you see, but I still love technology...

...



now and forever...

Last time I was at Farm and Fleet, I recorded (with my cell phone) the baby turkeys that were residing near the cash registers. I really wanted to use their cute voices as a ringtone, but NewPhone said that the .amr file was non-acceptable content.

Why the phone would create audio files in a format that it itself can't use, I do not know.

I really wanted that turkey chick ringtone, though.

So I emailed the .amr file to myself from my phone, downloaded SmartAudioConverterPro to get the .amr into .mp3 file format, only to find that although NewPhone will play .mp3s, this particular .mp3 was still non-acceptable, then downloaded Audacity (with an accompanying .dll file) to convert the unusable .mp3 to another, virtually indistinguishable, usable .mp3 file, which I then reloaded on to my phone using the USB adapter and MicroSD card/SD adapter I got from Singapore via eBay.

Voila, turkey chick ringtone.


And I'm a biology major.


The Internet: Helping Normal People Sound Like Nerds Since 1992.


.

No comments: