Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I never did update on the glasses I'm not wearing

So apparently I've got 20/40 vision, which doesn't really surprise me. I've decided to obtain glasses (note I didn't say "get", b/c that would imply I'm going to wear them, which I'm not).

I'm mostly getting them because I do concede that they'd be useful at night when trying to read streetsigns. And also, I don't want to go to renew my driver's license, not pass the vision test, and not be able to drive home.

But I'm not going to wear them. Really. As I was picking them out, I think I drove the girl crazy, b/c I kept telling her that it was okay that they're going to be fragile and that they didn't have scratch coating, b/c they'll be perfectly safe in their little case that I never plan on opening.

I just feel like if I wear them, then my eyes (and brain) will get used to, you know, seeing, and then when I don't ahave them on I won't be able to see.

Case in point? Dave.
2001: Glasses when driving.
2007: Glasses or contacts during every breathing minute he's not sleeping.

Besides, I think cavemen still successfully hunted wooly mammoths with 20/40 vision.

[I am kind of excited to get them, though. I think they're pretty cute. Not on me, of course, but objectively cute. We'll see (so to speak).]

No comments: