Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Things that are new since May 3rd:

  • 5/3: Had an interview for a permanent job at Healthcare Company Y
  • 5/7: I have a sore throat, hmmmm
  • 5/9: I have a cold! Boooo!
  • 5/10 pm: I fall down the upper inside stairs at home. Land on the dog. We're both okay, but she's worried and licks me until I get up
  • 5/11 am: I fall down the garage stairs. Land on my left arm (ouch) and right knee (ouch). Dog doesn't even make sure I'm still alive.
  • 5/11 pm: Intended to fly out to North Carolina
  • 5/11 pm: Stayed the night in Schaumburg. In a Comfort Suites--quite nice! I'd recommend it.
  • 5/12 am: Actually flew to NC after having our flight cancelled by a plain ole' rainstorm
  • 5/12: We arrive in NC to beautiful weather! All my inlaw's ducklings and ducks-in-law are here :)
  • 5/13: My sister-in-law graduates from Nursing School. She's an RN now! (Good thing, since my leg is about to fall off from the knee down).
  • 5/13 pm: We hit Dave and Buster's NC with a group of 6 (Dave, me, SIL, SIL's friend, and UT and Big A [both uncles]). We bowled (well, except me. knee's feeling better, but who wants to tempt fate?), played air hockey (man, I love me some air hockey), and played a few other games. I have only one thing to say--Big A is a ringer. Never let him tell you otherwise ;)
  • 5/14: Went to Landmark Church w/ MIL and the rest of the wee ducks
  • 5/15: Went to the coolest place ever! NC has a drive-thru wild animal park! You get a bucket of feed, open the windows to the car, and drive in. There are emus, various wild deer/sheep/goats, potbellied pigs, more emus, wildebeast, oxen, waterbuffalo, emus, rhinoceroses (locked up), zebras, llamas, emus, emus, emus, and giraffes
  • 5/15: The Emus. Emus are giant birds in the ostrich category. Their faces look like dinosaurs. They would stick their entire head and 3 foot neck in the car window to get the food, and then would peck so hard they threw food all over the car!
  • 5/15: The Giraffes. We got to hand feed giraffes! They were in an enclosure so they wouldn't kick anyone, but they could reach over to get the food. Of all the animals we handfed, these giants were the gentlest. The had soft mouths, but big giant strings of spit! I put food on Dave's head and they ate it right off the top of his head. Yep, we've got pictures. The baby giraffes were too small to reach their heads over the fence and so kicked it in protest (we fed them through the bars and they stopped kicking).
  • 5/15: The Other Animals. They would all come-a-runnin' when they heard the feed buckets being shaken. Little pigs, big sheep, llamas, the crazy giant white deer-horses--everybody would come trotting over to be fed. Awwww.
  • 5/16: An uneventful flight home and a call from an HR person at Healthcare Company Y. A job offer!
  • 5/17: I accepted a new (and permanent job). My knee still hurts, but not as badly. The cold is almost gone.

No comments: