Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Baby Ping Pong

So, irreverently, and for a lack of something to call her, folk in my family call our baby-on-the-way "Ping Pong".

As in, "Oh my gosh, baby Ping Pong would look so cute in that dress!".

At my cousin-in-law's baby shower last weekend, my aunt Mimi gave me a wonderful present. Apparently my mom had told her about "Ping Pong" so she, being an artist, made a little doll head with a lace bonnet for us.

It's hand-painted with a beautiful rosy complexion and sleeping eyes. She's got little baby black hair and her adorably round head is made from what? A ping pong ball!

She's so cute! I'll have to take a picture and post it!

Our baby, by the way, might be born already! Sine it takes about a year to get them, and they're about a year old when you do, our Ping Pong might be born already! How exciting!

No comments: