Monday, May 22, 2006

Phone Dan, Phone Dan, and Phone Dan

I forgot to mention one of the best parts of our trip! One night (Saturday, maybe?), we were playing the board game version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire? with about 10 members of Dave's family.

For those familiar with the game, you'll remember that there are 3 "lifelines" one can resort to in a trivia crisis: 50/50, poll the audience, and phone a friend. Well, as we played, we wondered who we should phone, if needed. I volunteered my dad, who knows everything (okay, not really*). So, we now had 50/50, poll the audience, and Phone Dan.

So, along comes the first lifeline use, and we Phone Dan on my cell speakerphone at 9pm with 10 raucous people in my in-laws' living room. It was so fun! My dad thought it was great, we laughed our tails off, and SuperDan got the answer right!

So we play more and the next lifeline use comes up, but we realize that 50/50 really isn't helping and that there isn't an audience to poll (I'm still not sure how that one works when playing at home...) So, we decide that the lifelines will be Phone Dan, Phone Dan, and Phone Dan.

So we dial my dad again and this time it's some Jerry Rice question and he's right again! Yay--more raucous yelling!

We had so much fun (and I suspect my dad did too!) When the game was finally over (Big A and I won, by the way), I called my dad to say goodnight and he says, "What's the question?!?"--rather eagerly, I would say.

So--I volunteer my dad for any lifeline needs (call me, I'll give you their number). He'd be tickled pink.

And you'll win.

*yes really

No comments: