Saturday, August 04, 2007

Yep, that about sums it up.

Yes, yesterday (as I will again, later on today) I spent some time at the McH county fair. It was extra-super hot and sunny--even in a sleeveless shirt--even when distracted by a chocolate covered-funnel cake--even when there were firemen to look at (more on that later)--and so I sat in the 4H tent, waiting to meet a friend of mine from work and his family, just thinking about how miserable all the animals must be.

(And texting my friends, of course. Because if there's anything that the cell phone revolution has done for mankind, it's to let you not seem as much like an idiot while you wait for someone.)

Hey, can I help you with something?
--What? Oh, no, I'm not waiting aimlessly, I'm texting.
Oh, oh, right, of course, sorry, sorry

Anyway, as I saw there drinking my water (and texting), I watched 3 of the local firemen come into the tent to get food. Since I apparently find talking to strangers to be irresistible....

Me (taking a break from my carpal tunnel): Hey guys, how's it going?
Too-skinny fireman 1: Good, thanks
Too-skinny fireman 2: Hey, good, how are you?
John C Reilly fireman 3: Sweaty

A more moist truth has never been spoken.

No comments: