Sunday, August 12, 2007

Movie Reveiw: Bourne Ultimatum

Cute Persons to look at (0-5): 3. A "3" mostly because it's heavily balanced in the I-like-boys group's favor. You know, I try to be fair.

For those into stockings and heels: There's mainly Joan Allen (as Pamela Landy) and Julia Stiles (as Nicky Parsons) . They're both good and good-looking in the movie, with Julia Stiles sporting darker hair than her usual (much more attractive on her, I think)


For those into square jaws and biceps: You're mostly looking at David Strathairn and, of course, Matt Damon (sigh). Now, while David Strathairn doesn't really do it for me, I can totally see where he would be attractive to some.


Matt Damon? Well, honestly, do I really even have to specify what's so appealing? Probably not. I mean, the pictures really say it all. Like this one. Don't you just wanna wipe the smirk off his face?


Ok, sorry, I'll move on ;)


A Satisfying Ending (0-5): 3. Hmmm. It's hard to say. There is a definite ending, which I appreciate, but I'm not sure it's the ending I'm looking for. It's...well...it just doesn't really fit with the rest of the series. Although, I guess I can't imagine how else they would have ended the Bourne run. Hmmm.


Love storyness (0-5): 1. Well, it's mostly filled with the wistful longing and confusion over the dead girlfriend from Bourne #2. Poignant and sad--I mean, your heart goes out to Matt Damon (and you find yourself with a burning desire to comfort him...over at your apartment...later on tonight...)--but not very lovey. Hmmm.


Good Scaryness (0-5): 0. No scaryness at all. At least not the way I mean it.


Kissing (0-5): 1. IMHO? Sooo not enough kissing. Yes, I know, the dead girlfriend, but come on, couldn't we at least get some "I'm-sorry-your-girlfriend-drowned-in-and/or-was-shot-and-thrown-into-the-river" consolation-type making out? Nothing!

I'm so disappointed...


Cinematography/Special Effects (1-5): 4. Strictly speaking, the cinematography was awesome. Realistically speaking, I occasionally had to look away from the screen so as to not throw up. Action and any (totally surreptitious!) special effects were very good!

Extra Credit: 1 point because Matt Damon is both cute and nice.


Total: 13/35. I didn't like it as much as the other 2, but then I'm heavily biased on the inclusion of a love story, so take me with a grain of salt. It's really, really good!

No comments: