Monday, April 16, 2007

Movie Review: Disturbia

Cute Persons to look at (0-5): 2. I give it a 2 as an average. The main girl character is pretty attractive. The main guy character is one of those guys where they're on the attractiveness fence and their personality is going to puh them over to one side or the other. So, guys theoretically have something to look at. The girls? Maybe, maybe not. I'd probably have given it an overall 3.

I lowered the score, however, b/c the characters are supposed to be in high school, which makes them really young.

A Satisfying Ending (0-5): 3. It was all wrapped up at the end, which is my favorite thing, but it was almost a little too wrapped up. Maybe I didn't really take the characters to heart? Maybe I expected to see Carrie Ann Moss save the world wearing a black pleather trench coat instead of a sweater and jeans? I just don't know.

Action/ adventureness (0-5): 2. A few good scenes, particularly the end and anything involving the best friend (whom I thought was the best character in the whole thing!). The house arrest angle was something new and a good idea.

Love storyness (0-5): 3. Also decent. Hot girl moves in next door. Nice non-jock boy falls deep in "like" with hot girl.

Good Scaryness (0-5): 3. Some good suspenseful-ness. I have to say, though, that I really like David Morse better as a good guy, you know? I mean, he was in St. Elsewhere!

Kissing (0-5): 2.5. I'd probably have given it a 4 if they weren't in high school. That creeps me out.

Cinematography/Special Effects (1-5): 3. No special effects that I recall? Cinematography was pretty good--good camera angles, good scenery. The house was beautiful! I wanted to live there myself.

Extra Credit (Max. 10 points): 7. I wish David Morse would send me an invitation to the gun show. Sighhhhh.*

Total: 25.5/35. Somewhat predictable. You don't go home continuing to feel creeped out, which I think is a hallmark of a good creepy movie, but it's worth going. Dave really liked it--more so than I did.


*http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gun+show

No comments: