Thursday, April 05, 2007

At least it's not cats...

Everybody's having an affair with some tangible object, right?*.

After all, just check Dave's plastic cup on top of the clothes dryer (or the wicker basket next to my sister's front door).

Mine?

Socks: I have an entire 24 x 12 x 8 drawer full of them--not counting tights and stuff.

Underwear: Let's just say I could not-do laundry for about as long as it takes to make a brand new puppy.**

Umbrellas: I would hazard a guess at 8? Blue/yellow, red flowered, green duckhead, black reservoir-tip, brown, and 3 black London Fog ones. Four of them are in my car.

I would have another one if Dave hadn't yelled "Free Umbrella!" the last time he took my solid red one on the Metra. ***

Cheap Sunglasses: You only need one pair of sunglasses. Your head can really only accomodate one pair at a time. Maybe one black and one brown, but two pairs max.

I've got 5 pairs that live in my car. 3 of which are staring at me from my desk right now.

I have a problem.


So what's yours? I promise I won't tell anyone. It'll just be between you, me, and the 25558621325 people around the world who have internet access...

*Try pronouncing it obzh-ay. Like object d'art. It sounds less like an obsession that way.

*How long does it take to make a brand new puppy? 8 imaginary points to the winner. 1 imaginary consolation point to the first runner up.


**Not in a "Free Zimbabwe!" sort of way, though. More like, maybe, "Free Snowcones!".

No comments: