Monday, April 09, 2007

Movie Review: Blades of Glory

Yes, it's good!

No, I don't know if you'd think it's as funny as Talladega Nights--I didn't really like Talladega Nights that much, so I'm not a control for that experiment.

No, it's not as good as Elf, but then, what is?


Cute Persons to look at (0-5): 1. Alas, not so much on the cute persons to look at. Neither Will nor Jon nor Craig T Nelson really do it for me, I have to say (I know, right?!?!). What's her name from The Office is in it, though, and if I were a dude, I'd think she's cute, so that's where the "1" comes from. There is one scene with Will and "Pam" that I'm not sure I could have filmed w/o laughing. Will gets his swerve on.

A Satisfying Ending (0-5): 5. It was all wrapped up at the end and that's my favorite kind of movie!!! And nobody's head got chopped off! Well, except for the North Korean's.

Action/ adventureness (0-5): 3. It's a figure skating fight to the death! It's actually really action-y, with all the skating stunt work and stuff!! Action, yes. Testosterone fueled action? They're figure skaters!.

Love storyness (0-5): 3. Gawky Jon Heder style! Oh, and there's that Will Ferrell moment... but I wouldn't really call that love.

Good Scaryness (0-5): 0. Except for the North Korea part, not scary. I was startled by it, though.

Kissing (0-5): N/A. Do I remember any kissing that didn't make me want to wash my eyes out with soap??? I can't remember. I think I may have had that part of my memory erased...

Cinematography/Special Effects (1-5): 2. I don't think there were any special effects? Decent cinematography?

Laughs (1-5): 4. I laughed a lot. Not as muich as Elf, the More Cowbell skit, or the Patriotic Thong skit, but more than Talladega Nights.

Extra Credit (10 points): N/A


Total: 18/35. The score is deceptively low. I expected to like it more than I actually did, but that doesn't mean it's not worth watching.

No comments: