Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Milan, of The Eh Team, has wondered where I went...

So, for him, and those other of you who work @ HCY, yes, I am no longer in their address book, because I have a new job! I am now a proud employee of Healthcare Company Z! (Which happens to be located in the same town I live in. Booyah.)

I started my new job yesterday and so far I like it. It's a little hard to get used to, as this location has about 1000 employees (as opposed to 15000 at HCX and 2500 at HCY). So, it feels tiny to me.

There are things that are better, things that are worse, and things that are weirder than HCY. As follows....

Better
-BETTER GDP!!! That is Good Documentation Practices, for those not in my industry. Oh so much better!
-Free pop (although I don't drink it)
-Free bottled water (and I do!)
-3 lunchrooms, for when you need a change of scenery
-CINNAMON ROLL COFFEE!! Tastes just like the "toast coffee" from HCX...mmmmmm....
-No automatic flush toilets (ie no more wet you know what...)
-I sit next to Rob J, who is really funny! I got my welcome present of a laser pointer from him this morning and he said that he will be willing to chase the dot upon request. He also proactively asked me not to call HR on him, cause he's just kidding. About whatever things he may say in the future.

Worse
-Not as many people to talk to
-Not as many cute boys to look at
-Lunch is super boring. Sitting in a 2nd floor lunchroom with a bunch of chicks. Borrring. (However, my 1st year at HCY was terrible too, until I made some good friends, soooo)
-Only 1 building, nowhere to visit when you're tired of your desk
-No hot food cafeteria
-No free tampons, bummer. But hey, free pop!
-No automatic sinks or paper towel thingys
-No HW, MG, CA, WS, CH, DM, SE, or IM to hang out with :(

Weirder
-In order to get from my desk to the washroom and back, I must pass through no fewer than 8 doors. Toast coffee machine? 6 doors. Lunchroom #1? 4 doors. It is a constant door-opening fiesta! And it's not like they're locked doors, no, just doors to open, you know, just cause. I nearly feel like the energy I use to replace my arm at my side is unwarranted. Maybe I'll just walk around with my arm stuck out...(no, that wouldn't be strange at all...). Tomorow I'm counting the number of times I have to open a door. I shall report back :)
-The other girl who does the job I do has long curly auburn hair too. People have noticed this and think it's peculiar.

That's all for tonight. More things to come tomorrow, including Door Count 2008.

OH, and the mother of 3 kids I went to grade school and high school works there. And spent the entire day coaching me in calling her by her first name and not Mrs. P. The transition is proving difficult, but she is unrelenting....we shall see...

2 comments:

Milan Davidović said...

Re: better GDP -- what? they have a better way of doing it? or they have the same way of doing it, but just do it more, er, conscientiously?

Anyway, congrats and good luck...

Meredith said...

Until i figure out how to delete it, please ignore the comment from "J"