Saturday, March 22, 2008

Mousse

I've got decently good-looking curly hair, those who know me IRL can verify this. It's not like I exit the shower with cool hair though--my native locks look like cotton candy!

Mousse is the key to good curly hair (boo gel, boo John Frieda) I use it to keep the curls under control and have therefore been on a lifelong search for the perfect mousse.

Not too crunchy, keeps curls together, doesn't smell like poison...you know...the uzh.

So here's is what I determined so far in my mousse-using adult life, of products that are still on the market:

Evil Crunchy Mousse:
Herbal Essences (all kinds, smells good, is evil)
Aussie (come now, it is not 1987. crunchcrunchcrunch)
Tressemme (honestly, I was surprised this one didn't work out!)
Fructis (smells wonderful...has a dark evil soul)

Good Softy Mousse (it's a short list, as I do tend to like things the way that I like them):
Dove (the curls one, not the x-tra hold)
Thermasilk (the curls one too. this is my favorite mousse ever! alas, it is very hard to find)
Sunsilk (the apple-green bottle that says something about romantic curls on it. smells good too!)

There, there is some advice and protectioin for you curly-tops, I'll keep you posted :)

No comments: