Sunday, December 02, 2007

I am officially too old to sleep on the floor

Well, on the floor without a cushion of some sort, at least.

Yep, we lost power during our snow/ice storm last night at about 845P and ended up having a campout in the living room, sleeping bags and all :)

Since our furnace is electric ignited, when we lose power, we lose heat. Given that it was cold out, we decided to camp out in the living room with the gas fireplace. So we dragged out the sleeping bags and the flashlights, and settled down with cat/cat/dog on the floor.

(Also fun for us--when the power goes out, we lose water, since we're on an electric powered well. So we got to have a great night of "don't flush if ya don't gotta". So nice....)

A good time was had by all! My zero degrees-rated mummybag kept me warm and claustrophobic--and one cat and the dog kept me pinned down in various uncomfortable positions--throughout the night.

The other cat? Inside the bag with me all night long. Just like a mink hot water bottle. That periodically sinks its claws into your leg.

So, although I've now realized that my bones no longer desire to sleep on the floor, all in all, it was a fun night :)

No comments: